Friday, July 17, 2009

Tap tap tap... this thing still on?

I was lucky to meet the beautiful, talented, and funny Superstarra Christie last week when she visited Seattle and that reminded me that I have a blog! Oh yeah! That's how Christie and I started corresponding, lo these many years ago. I think I'll just look back in my projects and blog those things I've finished, in order to catch up a bit.

If you're still reading, thank you! It seems that Ravelry, Facebook, Twitter, and life all take time away from blogging and reading blogs. But someone reminded me that I was on that fateful list (Whatever Happened to the Knit Blog Class of 2005?) and here I am!

Last year I made three Dolores Park Cowls for my dear friends. This pattern is genius in its simplicity and that is why a gazillion people have made them... I renamed the cowls for parks in my friends' neighborhoods...

Clockwise from left, Malabrigo Chunky:
- Pagoda, became The Friendly Park Cowl
- Saphire Green, became The Highland Park Cowl
- Velvet Grapes, still sitting in my stash, waiting to become my cowl!
- Tortuga, became The Steilacoom Park Cowl



Here is Kristina modeling her own cowl in Saphire Green: